Friday, November 13, 2009

My Studio

Fresh Paint!
It is so amazing to have had my studio room redone. A few years ago, I sanded, stained and varnished the floors myself. The wallpaper has been stripped. The walls have been washed, sanded, spackled and finally painted! Today, I removed all the renovation supplies from the room. Scrubbed and polished the floors, shiny clean. I moved in my easel I use for painting large acrylic abstract paintings and thought I should take a picture before the room becomes cluttered with supplies and the sun goes down. Boy the room does look tiny, the windows are kinda big. The room is approximately 8 x 11 feet. Yes, it is a small studio!

I am so happy it has been redone in a soft off white, ivory color with white trim and deep rich wooden floor. Simple, clean and fresh.

5 comments:

L.C said...

Mrs. Squier...This studio is beautiful...someday I hope to have a place where I can leave all my art stuff out, but for now I have to pick everything up so my daughter doesn't get into it. Have fun in your sunny room! (Does it have a nice view?)
LC

All images on this site are copyright (c) Suzanne McLean. said...

Beautiful little studio, Rita. Mine is actually even smaller (7x9). Shelving is key for me. Enjoy setting it up!

The Barefoot Potteress said...

looks like a very nice place to work. i love lot's of lighting. i hope you enjoy your newly redone studio. :D

regards

Rita said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you ... the view is great when the leaves are on the trees and you pretend there are no neighbors!

I'm heading in there now to do something creative!

Anonymous said...

I love the color you chose. Looks fresh against the deep chocolate.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin