Monday, September 19, 2011

Baking Soda Shaker


One of many uses of baking soda is to sprinkle it on your carpets to freshen them up. Helps to deodorize them. After a rather humid summer and a new puppy, I figure it's a good time to freshen up all the carpets before we close up the windows for the season.

I took a clean mason jar, filled it with baking soda, screwed on the lid. Found a little hammer and a large nail. I tapped a few holes in the top, making sure to stay away from the outer edge, don't want to hit the glass. Voila! A baking soda shaker!

I spent my Sunday afternoon sprinkling baking soda on all the carpets and cloth covered furniture. You can wait a few hours or even a day or two and then vacuum it all up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a nice idea you have. I must try this out at home.

v2cigs review

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin