Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Close of 2008

With the end of 2008 comes a bit of reflection and a bit of planning for 2009.  This past year, I have ventured into a variety of new things.  I did my first indoor art fair and also my first outdoor art fair.  Together my husband and I have done several art fairs this summer.  I joined the North East Watercolor Society.  I joined the Old Forge Arts Center in the Adirondacks.  My husband and I opened up an Etsy Shop together and I have sold a bunch of paintings through Etsy.  I am hoping for my paintings to begin selling more regularly and I hope a few of my husbands paintings sell as well.  I have started to twitter and also blog.  I have made new friends and contacts on Etsy, through the Etsy Teams such as Watercolor Works, ACETSY and my husband has joined the CRNY Team.  I have also redesigned my own website at RASquier.com and will most likely redesign it again in 2009.

I enjoy blogging.  My hopes and plans for my blog in 2009 are to include weekly features.  Once a week I would like to feature a watercolor painting technique with a few how to steps.  I would also like to feature other watercolor artists with blogs and/or Etsy Shops.  Help spread the joys of watercolor painting.

This morning, I opened my email and was delighted to find a note including a picture of one of my paintings.  It warms my heart to see how someone has taken a piece of my art, matted and framed it and hung it proudly in their home and to top it off shares a picture of it with me.  I love it!

In 2008, I started a new adventure in finding ways to promote my art and in 2009 I will continue on that path to see where it brings me.  Let's hope for the best!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin