Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Wonderland

It is such a winter wonderland outside my window.  It continuously snowed from noon on Friday thru Sunday afternoon.  We braved the wintery weather on Saturday afternoon to finally get a Christmas tree.  Sunday, we spent the entire day decorating the tree, the house, baking Christmas cookies and making Swedish Jul Glögg.  Today, the sun is shining and everything is covered in bright white snow.  I finished up my work for today already and it is barely noon time.  If it weren't for the long list of things to do before Christmas Eve, I think I would break out my paints and start a few snowy ACEOs and more 5x7" snowy watercolors.  Perhaps I can sneak in some time to paint tomorrow.

The painting seen here was painted last winter during a snow storm.  Snow makes a beautiful landscape to paint in watercolor.  Woods in Snow IV is one in a series of winter landscapes inspired by Upstate New York and the Adirondacks.  

Enjoy the snow and the holiday season!  Spread the Christmas cheer! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin