Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Bracelet


Today while doggy-sitting for Chloe's two best friends Dutch and Ashley, I created my first bracelet with my torch fired beads. It was great having big furry friends in the house for the day. Recently we found out Ashley too has cancer. She has leukemia, different from Chloe, but still cancer. She's just started her chemo treatments this week.

The hardest part about making the bracelet is choosing which beads to use. I chose a few special beads, one from the very first day we torch fired beads, which was Christmas morning. I love santa, thank you for the kit! A bead that was made on my birthday and took forever to find driving all over creation to find an open bead store. Don't think I'll be going back to the stores, I found great sources online. A few beads my husband made. I raided his stash! He won't mind since I am keeping the bracelet for myself. Two beads Michael made for me on Valentine's Day. Plus a couple of beads I torched myself. I used the twisty copper links I created a few weeks ago and head pins my husband made. I fabricated my own clasp too.

I now have a funky, dangly bracelet.
I love it!

3 comments:

Palimpa Lim said...

Soooooo beautiful!!! Chapeau!

Barbara Lewis said...

This is darling, Rita. Very lighthearted!

Unknown said...

wow! nice job -- it's beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin