10 Steps to Mask and Pour
Mask out your main subject of your painting and pour on the background.
1. Apply masking fluid to the main subject of your painting. In this project, I masked all the flowers.
2. Choose your colors. It's best to start with 2 or 3 analogous colors, colors next to each other on the color wheel. Here I used green, blue and purple.
3. Using a small cup, mix a small amount of the paint with water to easy pouring consistency. Do this for each color.
4. Wet you entire page with clear water.
5. Pour on each color, one at a time. Tilt the board to blend.
6. Optional: Add kosher salt just as the shine goes off the paper.
7. Allow to dry completely.
8. Wipe away salt, if used.
9. Remove masking fluid with a rubber cement pick up.
10. Paint your main subject.