Monday, April 8, 2013

Paper Testing

Dew Drops on Garza Papel
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Painting
Size:  14 x 20 cm

Several months ago, perhaps last Autumn, I received a few sample sheets of Garza Papel Artisan Paper made in Spain.  As soon as I got the paper I created one small landscape and this swashy blue background in my own style of painting to see how the paper reacts.

This is 100% recycled cotton, acid free, watercolor paper and the weight is 300 grs.  The paper has a great white tone.  It has a very nice soft feel and texture to the paper and it accepts the paint extremely well.  I even like the little embossed heron in the lower left corner.

It has been months since I painted the background.  Just the other day, I decided I would test out my dew drops.  Lifting color on this paper even after months worked effortlessly.

I am very impressed with this 100% cotton recycled paper!
Thank you Garza Papel!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin