Monday, April 15, 2013

The Artist's Onion

My First Onion
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Painting
5x7 inches

Sometime last week, after seeing someone post a photo of onions growing in a garden I had said the onion is a popular subject for artists.  His reply was something like Let's paint onions this weekend.  A challenge!

I had never painted an onion in watercolor or in any medium.

It brought back a memory from years ago.  I had typeset a lady's memoirs in which she had written about how many artists loved to paint onions and it was something just about every artist did.  She also had written about how artists loved to attempt to paint Pierre Auguste Renoir's Onions.

(This is a little iPod photo that I may just have to take a better photo tomorrow afternoon.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin