Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday's Tips and Techniques for Watercolor Painting

Choose Your Colors First
When working on a watercolor painting, it is a good idea to think ahead about what colors you want to use. Choose your colors before you put a brush to paper. If you are planning to paint a large area make sure you create a generous puddle of color or colors.

Here on my palette, I have ready to go primary red magenta, permanent violet bluish and ultramarine blue. I have even mixed a bit of the blue and purple together on my palette. Some colors I like to premix on the palette others I like to make sure I have enough of the color to use but will mix them on my paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simple yet effective tip! It's best to prepare the colors first, as well as the concept and ideas you have for the painting you plan to do, before you stroke your brush onto the canvas!

We also have published a post about watercolor techniques that could be helpful to your readers wanting to improve their painting skills.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin