Monday, March 29, 2010

Two More for the Challenge


Olive Green Dew Drops - Painted on March 28, 2010
Azure Drop - Painted on March 29, 2010
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Paintings
ACEO
Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches

Two more additions to my Painting A Day Challenge.

I've been pretty lucky finding time each day to paint a painting, it will definitely be a challenge to keep this going. Busy season is beginning to pick up in the racing world. I also design graphics for race cars, which is fun. I love being a graphic designer, but I love painting even more. I'm an artist who wears many hats.

I loved judging an art show last Friday. There even was a section of high school student art, I was impressed with the creativity of the entries this year. Only two computer art pieces, the rest were traditional fine art mediums such as watercolors, oils, acrylics, charcoal, pen & ink, mixed media, sculpture. There are a bunch of talented art students out there. It is so important to keep the arts alive in the schools. I would hate to see fine art become a thing of the past, a talent of yesterday. Some of pieces I saw on Friday were amazing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin