Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two Paintings Today


Forget Me Not
Painted on March 18, 2010
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Paintings
Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches

Last night was the first night of a new set of watercolor color classes that I am teaching. I think we have a good group of people. Class supplies have been ordered. I placed a big order for supplies and all I got for myself was one tube of watercolor paint and some acrylic varnish. I could not think of any other art supplies at the moment that I wanted or needed. I've decided I have a gazillion brushes, tons of watercolor paint colors still fresh in the tube. I may as well use up what I have as far as colors go, although I did really want to order a special treat for myself. I do want flat files but I believe those go for more than I will get paid to teach the class.

Today, I painted the little Forget Me Not flowers in a varying tonal values of the same color to try and give the painting some depth. When I was finished I had a big puddle of periwinkle blue mixed up and decided I needed to paint something with it. I then created Periwinkle Sky. I love painting little landscapes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin