Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday's Tips and Techniques for Watercolor Painting


Try a New Color: Neutral Tint
Every now and then I love to try a new color. This one has me curious ... neutral tint. Interesting title and interesting purpose. A color to make other colors darker without going warmer or cooler in hue.

How dark can it go? How light will it be?

To find out, I made a little value chart for this tube of paint.

Next I will mix this color with my existing palette colors to see how it blends with and tints the colors.

This tube of Neutral Tint is made by M. Graham & Co., an excellent quality American made watercolor paint.

Stuck in a rut? Try a new color. Create a value chart to see how deep and dark it will go. Create or add to your color mixing chart to see how this new color mixes with your existing colors.

2 comments:

GrayFlannel said...

I always look forward to your Tuesday Tutorials. They're so helpful and interesting too.

Rita said...

Thank you!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin