Sunday, February 21, 2010

Down to the Wire

Eleven Fifty-Six - Painted February 20, 2010
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Painting
Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches

It's Saturday, a day to clean house, organize a few things, bake and enjoy the Olympics. I made a fabulous tiramisu. I had one cup of mascarpone cheese leftover from having made a tiramisu for Valentine's Day and I had no idea what I could make with it. I decided the tiramisu is fabulous and freezes well, so I made another one and will freeze it after sampling it. I love some of the english comedies they play here on our local PBS channel on Saturday evenings, we watched a couple of those while waiting for the Olympics to come back on at prime time. We only get the regular NBC channel, so I miss seeing some of the sports they show on the pay channels like the women's hockey and curling. Why do they repeat the same things in the early hours of the morning that they show between 8 pm and midnight? Why not show us different sporting events?

It's 11:56 pm and we are waiting for the late night Olympic broadcast to come on and suddenly I remembered I did not do my Painting A Day Challenge! Oh no! I immediately go to my studio to paint this quick and lovely 3 minute watercolor floral. Can you believe it? Three minutes! I was done and looked at the clock and was happy to see I had one minute to spare, it was finished at 11:59 pm on Saturday, February 20, 2010.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Love it!!

Rita said...

Thank you so much! Because of the funny story behind it, I think this one is a keeper for my private collection. --Rita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin