Sunday, February 7, 2010

Inspired by Sunset


Painted on February 6, 2010
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Painting
ACEO - Art Card
Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches

Yesterday, we saw an amazingly beautiful rosy sunset before heading home. We arrived home around 6 PM and it was already dark. Actually, as we were about to pull into our driveway a deer came running out of the driveway. We pull in and park the truck and six feet from the side of the truck were 3 deer just standing there staring at us. Chloe, the dog is in the back of the truck barking. My husband rolls down the window and the deer just stand there. It wasn't until I yelled "go home!" and my husband waved his hands the deer finally ran away.

So it's shortly after 6 PM, I begin my painting for my Painting A Day Challenge for the month of February. I just automatically start painting, not thinking about the end result. I painted two rosy sunset landscape paintings. I titled them Blushing Sunset and Blushing Sunset 2. After I was done, I realized I was inspired by the sunset I had seen earlier in the evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin